Monday, June 10, 2013

Mani Monday: Daenerys Targaryen Inspired

With season three of Game of Thrones ending, my boyfriend jokingly told me to do a Khaleesi manicure. Little did he know that I would take it seriously because she is my favorite character in the series and not to mention Emilia Clarke is an absolutely beautiful actress, totally my lady crush.

Anyway, I'm not going to discuss this season or what happened because lots of things happened and I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. If you've watched this past season, you know what Dany has been wearing but for those of you who don't, here is a picture:
Throughout the season, she has been wearing lots of blues with gold accents so that's what I took as my inspiration for color. I've seen a lot watercolor manicures and figured this would be a good chance to give it a try. If you are curious about how to do this technique, check some of the videos out on YouTube, there are lots of great tutorials.

The colors I used from left to right: Urban Outfitters Doll, Sally Hansen Golden Rule, China Glaze For Audrey, Urban Outfitters Bermuda, Revlon Surf, and Sephora by OPI Blue Grotto.

Can we just take a minute to talk about how gorgeous Golden Rule. Oh. My. Gosh. When I saw this in the store, it had to be mine and I am so glad it is. Also, how fitting is the name for this manicure? Perfection.

Hope you guys have enjoyed this look! I'm already itching to try out other color combinations with this water color technique. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment